Authentic personal branding is a critical element of what I call your Success Compass, the powerful combination of elements that guide you in choosing a path to follow in accelerating your success. On today’s episode, I explain what personal branding is, why it is important, how to determine your brand, and how to leverage it to achieve your goals. Listen in so that you can start getting clarity on your own personal brand and begin to move forward toward your goals.
What do people think of when they think of you?
If someone who knows you hears about a role that would be perfect for you, will they think of you first? Authentic personal branding is a way to increase the likelihood that people know what you have to offer and will keep you top of mind in the areas of your passions and strengths. On this episode, we’ll talk about being your own CEO and the head marketer of “you.” Seventy percent of all roles are filled through a personal connection. Listen to today’s podcast to learn how to clarify your personal brand so that those connections work for you.
Being self-aware about your biggest contributions is the starting point to develop your personal brand
What are you really good at? What do people appreciate most about you? What are you passionate about? Your awareness of the authentic answers to these questions is the starting point for your personal brand. On today’s episode of The Success Talk Show, I’ll provide questions you can ask yourself in the process of clarifying your personal brand, and I’ll mention several ways you can go about getting helpful feedback from others as well. Listen in to get the information and motivation you need to bring clarity to your personal brand and leverage it to achieve your goals.
Only an authentic personal brand will lead to success
Your personal brand must be authentic to what is really true for you, not something made up. If you try to create a brand that is not real, people will see the disconnect and not trust you. On this episode, I describe what an authentic personal brand looks like and how to find and develop yours. I’ll provide questions to help you clarify your brand, and challenge you to live out your brand with your actions in every arena of life so that others not only hear your words but see from your actions who you are and what you have to offer.
How to leverage your personal brand to achieve your goals
Once you have clarity on your authentic personal brand, how do you leverage it to achieve your goals? On this episode, I give you four tips that will help you in this process. We’ll talk about gaining clarity, figuring out what you want to be known for, and communicating your authentic brand to others. Listen to this episode of The Success Talk Show for the information and encouragement you need to develop your personal brand and begin to live and breathe it.
Outline of This Episode
- [1:18] Authentic personal branding is a critical element of your Success Compass
- [2:08] Identify a specific goal that you can keep in mind through today’s episode.
- [2:56] What is a personal brand, and why does it matter?
- [5:43] What people know about you determines the decision they will make about a potential role for you.
- [8:19] 70% of all roles are filled through a personal connection.
- [9:02] How self-aware are you about where you make your biggest contribution?
- [10:16] What you are passionate about could be that special something that people associate with you.
- [11:21] Focus on specific goals as you work on your personal brand.
- [13:50] Your personal brand must be authentic to what is truly you.
- [15:24] How do I actually decide what my personal brand should be?
- [17:59] Is there a disconnect between what you want to be known for and what you are actually doing?
- [19:40] Tip #1 – Gain clarity on what your brand is today. Here’s how.
- [23:31] Tip #2 – Figure out what makes you unique.
- [25:30] Tip #3 – Decide what you want to be known for.
- [26:40] Tip #4 – Communicate your brand to others.
- [28:47] My Own Success Compass is an online program to walk you through this step by step.