While you may have many ideas for how you’d like to grow professionally, you’ll make greater progress if you concentrate on only a small number of goals at a time.
Going a step further, you’ll actually increase your success by putting your development goals in writing. You’ll focus your effort by using a simple plan format that prompts you to:
- Select 1 to 3 development areas
- Identify how you will measure your progress
- Specify the learning activities you’ll complete
- Mark your calendar with the target dates for each activity
- Consider how your growth in these areas will support both your organization and your career
- Capture your progress each month
Naturally, you can customize this template to meet your needs — or create a version that you want to use with your team members.