Do you know what your top five passions are? Understanding your passions is a key part of the process of making decisions to improve your life and your work. On today’s episode, I will talk about the value of discovering your passions and realizing the impact it can have on your life and your work. Listen in to hear how to avoid mistakes that people make when thinking about their passions and to learn five key questions that will help you gain clarity on what your top five passions are.
Avoid these common mistakes when seeking to discover your passions
What comes to mind when you hear someone tell you to “follow your passion?” Should passion be the driver behind the decisions you make? On this episode, I identify five common mistakes that people make in the process of finding their passion. Listen in to gain insights that will help you avoid mistakes, get free of judgments and “shoulds,” clearly identify your passions, and take action toward using your passions to improve your life and your work.
Discovering your passion is a powerful way to be proactive in navigating choices
The value in discovering your passion is that it’s a powerful way to be proactive in how you want to spend your time and navigate choices. On this episode, I identify five different ways that understanding your passions can help you. Do you want more energy? Or the ability to make more deliberate choices about how you are living your life? Listen in to learn how discovering your passion can give you confidence and clarity in your decision making, improve your ability to manage stress, and even accentuate your personal brand.
Use these five questions to help you clarify your passions
How clearly can you identify your top passions in life? What role do your passions play in the decisions you make and the steps that you take on your journey? On today’s podcast, I’ll give you five questions that will help you to clarify your passions and take action to build them into your life and work. Your top five passions are an important element for your success. Listen to this episode to learn how to effectively identify them and use them to improve your life.
Keep your passions visible so you don’t fall back into taking the path of least resistance
Once you have identified your top five passions, it is essential to keep them visible. It is so easy to do the work and get excited about it, but then tuck it into a drawer and go back to doing things the old way and taking the path of least resistance. On this episode, I talk with you about how to keep your passions visible so that you are reminded to take steps to incorporate them into your life and to allow them to influence the decisions that you make. Listen in to learn how to keep your passions in front of you so that you will actually use them to improve your life and work.
Outline of This Episode
- [0:33] Introduction to today’s episode on the value of discovering your passion.
- [1:07] The advice to “follow your passion” completely misses other important parts of the puzzle.
- [4:21] Avoid automatically deferring to the “shoulds”.
- [5:29] Avoid judging your passions.
- [6:24] Don’t make it about money itself instead of what money can buy.
- [7:09] Avoid falling back into the path of least resistance.
- [8:37] Knowing your passion will help you make deliberate choices to live your days more fully.
- [9:55] Living in your areas of passion increases your energy.
- [10:55] Knowing your passion helps you improve your ability to manage stress.
- [12;29] Your passions become part of your personal brand.
- [15:13] Your passions can clarify decision making.
- [19:27] Acclimate to Accelerate: Part of the program is to help you clarify your passions.
- [20:05] Question #1 What are your passions? Brainstorm and then narrow it down to five.
- [21:29] Question #2 – How satisfied are you that today you are fully living these passions?
- [22:23] Question #3 – What is the observable or measurable evidence that you are fully living your passion?
- [23:41] Question #4 – What choices can you make today to increase your satisfaction?
- [25:51] Question #5 – How can you keep these passions visible as a reminder?
- [26:22] You may need to re-work your list if it isn’t quite right or if things have changed.
- [27:34] Your top 5 passions are an important element for your success.
- [28:22] Think of how you can work your passions into your current work life.
Resources & People Mentioned
- Episode #15 Emotional Intelligence: Managing stress effectively
- Acclimate to Accelerate program